Job Title: Worship Leader
Reports to Lead Pastor
Last Revision: May 2019
Job Description: Part-Time Worship Leader
The Worship Leader position for the Eastern Hills campus of Christ the King Church is a key leadership role that includes pastoral elements. The part-time position is filled by the resident expert on all things related to liturgical practices, artistic expression, and cultural significance for the gathered church. It is expected that this person watch their life and doctrine closely in order to maintain a purity to our liturgy and leadership.
The purpose of this outline is to provide clarity regarding the next Worship Leader. A review of this document and update on the Worship Leader’s work will be given on a regular and recurring basis.
- Availability: The Worship Leader role requires 20 hours of service for the church per week. This includes maintaining regular availability for volunteers, prospective volunteers, and church staff.
- Sabbath: It is expected that each staff member takes one day off each week; no exceptions. Healthy team members constitute a healthy team.
- Technology: It is expected that the Worship Leader will respond promptly to communications and keep good record of one’s digital life. It is also encouraged to ‘fast’ from technology connectedness as well.
- Accountability: It is expected that the Worship Leader will over-communicate and be relational with the Pastor, Patrick Whyte– this position’s direct report.
- Congeniality: It is expected that the Worship Leader will help cultivate a workplace atmosphere of respect and friendship, and display genuine concern for the wellbeing of other staff. Active within the body of believers, participating in a City Group, and actively attend major church wide functions.
- Theology: Read, understand, and commit to the theological and vision statement of Christ the King Church.
- Oversee the Sunday Gathering: Currently this means excelling in three areas: liturgical development, technological proficiency, and musical expression.
- Equip and build teams and family: Identify and audition prospective volunteers for the worship team ministry, as well as fulfilling the biblical mandate to lead well in the home.
- Facility and Venue Stewardship: Using the church facility God has blessed us with in a manner that promotes organization, communication, and availability.
- Meeting Attendance and Preparation: It is expected that the Worship Leader will be present for staff meetings, weekly liturgy planning, and worship team rehearsals.
- Relational and Team Building Time: As a norm, the Worship Leader should expect to attend meals or meet-ups each month with key leaders or potential team members.
- Personal and Spiritual Development: It is expected that the Worship Leader will regularly invest time in reading and skill building. Conference attendance is encouraged as are creative endeavors.
We are currently accepting resumes. Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org